- Round-trip transportation from your Ketchikan cruise ship terminal!
- Trained and Professional Ketchikan Kayak shore excursion guides!
- Safety kayak orientation and all required equipment provided!
- A scenic drive through the Tongass National Forest to Clover Pass near Ketchikan!
- Kayaking through the scenic Eagle Islands in search of marine life and eagles!
- Escape the kayak cruise ship shore excursion crowds and enjoy the unique sights of Ketchikan and Alaska!
After meeting your transportation at the Ketchikan Alaska cruise ship pier center, you will take a scenic drive to Clover Pass at the north end of Ketchikan. Your Kayak Cruise Excursion guides will meet you at the Outdoor Adventure Center, where you will be geared up for your Alaska exploration. Next, you will be introduced to your 2-person kayak and receive a safety briefing from your excursion guide on the shore. Then it is time to give kayaking a try yourself in the water. This Ketchikan Eagle Islands Kayak Excursion is suitable for non-experienced kayakers, so no experience is necessary.
Once set, you will depart from the kayak shore excursion center and start your paddle. You will gain confidence as you glide across the water out to the Eagle Islands. As you cross to the islands, keep your eyes open for jumping salmon and of course other wildlife. The occasional seal or sea otter, and the ever-present eagles looking for salmon.
Upon reaching Eagle Islands, you will be kayaking along the shore, filled with little inlets and coves, looking for eagles and other wildlife. Depending on the tide, marine life such as starfish may be visible on the rocks that line the shore.
You will then kayak to Clover Island, which offers even more chances for wildlife and marine life spotting. Although Clover Pass is not a well-known feeding ground for humpback whales, it is not unusual to find one in search of a meal. The protected waters provide the opportunity to experience the tranquil lush green setting of the Tongass National Forest. You will learn about the natural and cultural history of the area from your Alaska Ketchikan Kayaking Shore Excursion guide.
After circling Eagle Islands, you will cross back over to your starting spot where your transportation will be waiting to take you back to your cruise pier in Ketchikan, Alaska.